Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Possession....meaning is more like it!

Day #7 - A picture of your most treasured item


I don't have a picture of my most treasure possession as one is a ring and one of them is a picture.

For anyone who knows me I lost a very, very, very (very) good friend 6 years ago this coming August, Marica. She died from a rare genetic disease that wreaked havoc on her neurological system. I have a picture from my SR. year in high school where we are making kissy faces at each other. It's sunny and its just a picture of Marcia and I, my eyes are closed, her's are open . On this particular day her brother, Ara, got to run the Olympic torch....he and I held hands and skipped to our cars, everything seemed right in the world. It was a perfect day and my amazing friend captured a moment between Marcia and I that was truly beautiful, and that sadly will never happen again.

My ring was given to me when I graduated high school and before that it was give to my mom when she graduated eighth grade by her father ( my mom's mom died when she was 13 so this was a huge deal). The ring has a star sapphire stone which is a type of sapphire that exhibits a star-like phenomenon known as asterism. Star sapphires contain intersecting needle-like inclusions that cause the appearance of a six-rayed "star"-shaped pattern when viewed with a single overhead light source. It safe to say I love this right and wear it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment