Thursday, December 15, 2011

“There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out.”

28 Things most people don’t know about me:
1.) I have unhealthy fears of : airplanes, bird, squirrels, mayo, revolving doors, fat, and vinegaroons
2.) I rarely cry and when I do it’s “that time of the month” and generally is brought on by books or movies.
3.) I honestly believe I am broken.
4.) I do not want to be in a relationship because I don’t want to be hurt again.
5.) I have acid like (I have never done acid so I am just guessing this is what it’s like) flash backs of things I have done in my past when I run…It trips me out.
6.) I am enamored with a guy who I can never have ( plus I am sure if I could have him I wouldn’t be enamored), but find to be phenomenal.
7.) I get annoyed with people who talk on their cell phones at the gym, we are here to work out…if you can talk you aren’t working hard enough.
8.) I am Catholic- yet I am not practicing because I priest was not friendly in confessional a little over a year ago. I have some MAJOR points of contention with Catholic church, so like any good relationship we agree to disagree.
9.) I found the love of my life about 7 years ago and I haven’t looked back a day since. His name is Dustin and I honestly don’t think I could survive without him.
10.) Every year I start a new notebook where I keep quotes, news, pictures, lyrics, sayings, and thoughts.
11.) I have a blood clotting disorder that is fairly serious. Congenital protein S deficiency is a lack of proteins S in the fluid part of the blood. The proteins are natural substances that help prevent blood clots. Protein S deficiency occurs in about 1 in 20,000 people. So every time I bruise or have any trauma caused to my body, everyone (including myself) freaks out.
12.) My non-profit work saved me from a very dark downward spiral.
13.) I judge people on how they treat people and the good they do.
14.) I get mad at myself when I talk shit about people.
15.) I really want my Masters but am terrified of standardized testing, AKA the GRE
16.) People who have amazing vocabularies impress me, also people who read books on a regular basis.
17.) I still consider Tucson my home though no Rable actually lives there anymore. Very odd going “home” and not having a house.
18.) I secretly love video games- Mario Brothers, Sonic, Mortal Combat, Harry Potter, Frogger, & Tetris.
19.) I think any girl between the age of 14- 35 should only wear thong underwear ( chonis) out in public. Visible lines on your butt are not cute; this is the 21st century ladies…get it together.
20.) I am amazingly ok with being alone…which many people find weird. I find it weird when people can’t be alone or single....if you can’t make yourself happy, nobody can.
21.) I would like to move a few more time in my life and maybe live abroad and do some volunteer work.
22.) I own way to much shit- hair products, makeup, shoes, jeans, jackets, socks, bikinis, pretty much any clothing. I have been getting rid of a bunch of shit but I need to stop buying and start living minimally.
23.) I do not believe there is one person for everyone, I do not believe in soul mate. Chances are there is ALWAYS someone better out there for you than the person you end up with.
24.) Some of my favorite people, favorite friends, just favorite…I have met via Calling All Crows. This is mainly because these people are in it for the service, for the volunteering, to create change in the world and not so much about the music. Trust me; people know if you are in it for the music.
25.) During a recent snow storm my friend Ben was driving with me and I made him pray the Hail Mary & Our Father with me…I fell in love with Ben a little bit that night.
26.) I am in love with non-profit work. It is what I want to do with my life; I want my masters in it.
27.) I am going to Scotland, England, and France next March.
28.) Turning 28 isn’t scaring me as much as I thought it would…maybe because I skipped 4 times at work today and have no desire to be a “grown-up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment